Pages

3/22/2022

Let's Ride

When I saw the challenge at Cut It Up to use dies and the theme of Women's History, I was kind of stumped at first. I wanted to make a card to enter because the theme was one that captured my interest. However, I wasn't sure I had any stamps that could work together for a project. Then I remembered a stamp set by Club Scrap called Old West that I've had for years.  I love that the set has, not only a vintage photo of a cowboy, but also this great image of Annie Oakley. I used oval dies by Kat Scrappiness and Sizzix, and mounted the image on a fancy oval die by Spellbinders. The horse die is by Die-versions and the sentiment and bandana stamps are by Mark's Finest Papers. I purposely stamped the bandana to make it look old. 

 This card also gave me the opportunity to use lots of odds and ends and snippets from my stash, for the die cuts. I cut the horse shape three times, including one out of cardboard packaging to give it dimension.

I had no idea who the cowgirl image depicted, but did some google searches and found the original photo of Annie Oakley this was based on. Fun, right?

Pixie's Snippets Challenge 424. Snippets were used for all the die cuts, and I even cut the horse dies from the brown card stock square that is hidden under the bandana print.

Cut It Up Challenge 247, Women's History

SSS Wednesday, favorite things. I love using vintage images and lots of layered die cuts. 

DL.Art March linky

8 comments:

  1. I'm so glad we inspired you! Your card turned out amazing and you learned something interesting about your stamp on the way. I wonder if the other stamps in the Old West set depict other real-life people?

    Thanks for sharing your Women’s History project with us at Cut it Up!

    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had to come over and see this one; loooove this, obviously! Great paper, dies and photo! I thought I recognized the sentiment stamp; I have it, also. So happy you shared this wonderful piece with us at Cut It Up! ~Katrina (ScrappyHorses.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card for the challenge! Beautiful vintage style and interesting post! I started a card for this one but didn't finish it yet - I guess I had better get moving on it before the challenge closes! The story of my life! Have a peaceful day, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool card! Love the combination of your paper, horse image and Annie Oakley. I like how you framed her pic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is beautiful!! Love the gorgeous paper and the dies you used!! What a fabulous project!!
    Thanks for joining us at Cut it Up challenge!
    Have a great day.
    Gerda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terrific card! So lucky to have a bandana stamp to create this card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant snippets card for your history class homework! LOL!
    Thanks for submitting playing in the Snippets Playground! Meet me in the Treehouse later for lots of fun! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card Karen - I knew it was Annie Oakley right away. Those actresses didn't pull no wool over my eyes! She was a philanthropist and also a mover for women's rights. Go Annie! Probably born before her time. I owe you an email - life got busy but am still around!

    Apologies for being late hopping over to comment.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete