Pages

7/24/2022

August sunflowers

I don't remember whether I got these Graphic 45 paper pads, or whether they were a prize won by my daughter from Janis, of Her Peaceful Garden. Either way I called dibs on them this week and made several pretty cards with a summer theme. I've been loathe to cut into my Graphic45 papers, but once I took the leap I find that it's really fun and rewarding. Because I can't bear to run out of these pretty papers, I use every little bit and cut out tag shapes or rectangles wherever a layer will cover it. Borders are cut off to use on a different card, and not a smidgen is wasted.

I used the Graphic45 paper pads, Time to Flourish and The Children's Hour calendar pad to make this card. A bit of fussy cutting from the background paper and a twine bow keep it flat enough to mail.

So, funny thing about this card happened as I photographed it. I'm sure many of you have done this and can relate ...but I suddenly realized that I had put this card together backwards on my card base, awk!!

Good thing I used dry adhesive and was able to carefully peel off the panel, position it correctly and go on my merry way!

Allsorts challenge 686, summer
 DL.Art July linky

Inspiration Station challenge 34, picnic. I was inspired by the warm sunny color and summery feel of the photo, plus the outdoors location

 

6 comments:

  1. G45 papers are so gorgeous and I am guilty of having some packs in my stash..that I haven't used. I need to take the leap! Your card is lovely and I can relate as I've done the wrong side round trick myself! Thanks for entering your project in the challenge at The Inspiration Station!
    Donna
    The Inspiration Station Challenge
    The Paper Funday Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful papers and card design, thank you for sharing with us at Allsorts .
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  3. A pretty colour palette Karen, thanks for joining in with our Summer theme at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous and beautiful card. Thank you for sharing at Allsorts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card and papers.

    Thanks for joining us at the Inspiration Station.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete