Pages

9/17/2022

Butterfly Window

 I am always fascinated by fancy folds for cards but rarely attempt them myself. However, this one, which was offered as part of the Butterfly Spot Challenge seemed easy enough to try. You basically start with a square of double sided paper and make various folds for the result seen here. I used papers by Graphic 45 from The Gilded Lily collection, along with a wood veneer butterfly that i decoupaged with paper from the same collection. The sentiment is by Papertrey Ink. After I folded the square element, it looked too plain so I punched tiny holes in the corners and tied twine through them, with a knot. 



Butterfly Challenge 173, W is for Window card. I used the window card option, along with colors Wheat and Wild Blue Yonder, and a wooden butterfly. The butterfly is wood veneer, which I decoupaged with paper.

 SSS Monday challenge, use die cuts. I used a Spellbinders die to cut the scalloped border along the bottom.

DL.Art September linky

Word Art Wednesday 461-562 

Double Trouble challenge 120. I did Thing 1 (3 colors, 2 embellishments, one stamped image)

5 comments:

  1. What a lovely card, great design to show off the Graphic 45 paper! Thanks for joining us at Double Trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. what a brilliant idea with the tied corners. looks fab. Love the butterfly too. Thankyou for coming and playing in the butterfly garden with me. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great design and combination of the patterned papers from Graphic 45... very pretty. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is GORGEOUS, Karen. I absolutely love the colors and of course that gorgeous butterfly. Lovely layout and design as well. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday. I do praise God for you and the art you share. I hope you're having a blessed and creative week.

    By the way, this card would be PERFECT for our challenge at The Card Concept (butterfly inspiration) and we would LOVE to have you join the fun. You can find it here:
    www.thecardconcept.blogspot.com
    Blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the folds - great way to showcase different papers. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble :)

    ReplyDelete