Pages

4/11/2019

Journey

While going through old paper in my craft stash, I came across this wood grained pattern and decided to team it up with a stamp set by Spellbinders that I've been meaning to ink up for months. The owl and feathers are colored with Spectrum Noir markers and I used a sentiment by Tim Holtz. The flock of birds flying by are also by Tim Holtz. This was one of those stamps that look completely different when you actually stamp it out, than what you expected. I was thinking of a natural looking owl, but it's rather fantastical instead. I think I'll stamp this owl out and color it in different combos, just for fun.
Double Trouble challenge 25, I did all 3 "Things" for this one
Cupcake Inspirations 467, woodland creatures
Ellibelles Crafty Wednesday: wings, tails or blossoms
Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper April 2019 challenge
Word Art Wednesday Anything Goes #382 - #383 
 DL Art April Linky
Stamplorations CAS challenge

6 comments:

  1. Wow....I blink and you have 3 new cards up on your blog!! You have been riding a creative whirlwind!!

    Totally LOVE this fabulous owl card, Karen. That woodgrain background is just perfect. So glad you stamped directly on it, instead of making a separate sentiment panel. This gives the feel of perhaps an old shipping crate...and the birds in flight are an ideal backdrop for your colorful owl. Love the magical look of this image, like out of a modern children's fairy tale storybook. Wonderfully creative card, Karen!!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet. I love the bird
    Thank you for joining the DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes APRIL 2019 Linky Challenge. Have a blessed day Karen, I am not seeing a link back to the DL.ART url
    DIANA L.

    DL.ART
    https://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your artsy owl and against the light woodgrain it really pops. That woodgrain paper looks like real wood and love the additional stamping of the birds on the paper too. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble and Cupcake Inspirations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is so cool! I love the texture and that owl is coloured beautifully. Thank you for playing at Cupcake Inspirations. Hugs ~ Ishani

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing! Love the owl and stunning card all around!
    Thank you so much for joining in at my Crafty Wednesday challenge this month! Hope you play along again soon!
    Ellie from
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree - the owl seems mystical. I love the background and how you stamped the sentiment on it. Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations CAS.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete