Pages

4/25/2019

Joy

I've been so busy these past couple of weeks that I suddenly ran out of card-making motivation and even my usual online cardmaking challenges couldn't seem to get me going. Then I saw that the Christmas Kickstart challenge featured bunnies...and I was off and running (or would that be hopping?). Anyway, when my kids were at home, we got involved in rabbit rescue and so we always had at least 6-13 rabbits around at all times. They were all quickly neutered , so I could pair them up. Rabbits are much happier with a buddy or two, and I didn't want  a population explosion!
I found this cute stamp in a set that was given to me, but I have no idea who makes it. I believe it may have been a free stamp set that came with a craft magazine from the UK. If anyone recognizes it, please let me know. I colored the image with alcohol markers, then added a stitched flag by LDRS, and stitched frame by Gina Marie. The button die is by My Favorite Things and I also added a bit of bakers twine. Can't figure out if this bunny is looking at song lyrics, or reading a directions to a friend's house, ha!
 Christmas Kickstart challenge #9, bunnies
Scrappy Mo's April Rudolph days, Christmas card
Dragonfly Journeys #38, Everybunny is welcome
SSS Wednesday, AG
Crafty Hazelnut's PP challenge
Word Art Wednesday
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas challenge 434
Crimbo Crackers challenge 183, Christmas


  

8 comments:

  1. I love this gorgeous cute image that you've used to make this fantastic card.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is gorgeous, Karen, and so is your bunny story! I'm thrilled that the new challenge theme got your creative motor running again. Thanks so much for joining myself and Gail and for sharing your lovely card, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute card with great paper, love the bunny caroller. Thanks for joining us at CHNC Patterned Paper Challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet image...and just adorable with your wonderful coloring. I also am not sure how to explain the befuzzled (made that word up just for this slightly confused bunny!) expression on this little guy's face. I think perhaps he's lost his place in the carol. :)
    Wonderful card with all the stitched details. I like how the deep tones of the background lend a rich, vintage look. Lovely.
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I vote he is on a Christmas scavenger hunt! That is his little book of clues!!!

    Sweet card, Karen. Love the bunny image and your card design is great.

    Thanks for taking part in the April Rudolph Days Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute bunny image. He does look like he's singing like the little bunny in The Muppet Christmas Carol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Karen! This is just so cute and I really love the twine and the button with this great layout. Thanks so much for joining my EveryBUNNY's Welcome blog challenge and good luck :)

    Jeannie T.
    Dragonfly Journeys

    ReplyDelete
  8. Save the bunnies!!! Love your cute bunny image. Thanks for joining the fun at the Christmas Kickstart Challenge. Hugz

    ReplyDelete