Pages

4/20/2019

Sing!

I'm about to leave for my daughter's house and won't be back for several days so I madly rushed to finish this card. She has a friend who brings sunshine into the lives of all she meets, and we both wanted to thank her for all the help she's given over the years. I thought this bird and simple sentiment by Stamplorations (from For the Birds, and Trendy Birds 2) pretty much sums up her personality. The stencil is also by Stamplorations (Leaf prints), and the branch is by Impression obsession. I used the stamp and matching die by Stamplorations for the  bird. The stamped layer under the stenciled design has been in my stash for over 15 years and was stamped way back when I first discovered stamped backgrounds.Spring is in full bloom where I live, and so this also represents new life and growth to me.

 Mod Squad Challenge, use a stencil
Pixie's Snippets challenge
TCP Tuesday, spring
DL Art April linky
Stamplorations Never ending challenge, use stamplorations product

The Three Amigos challenge 25, spring
The Artistic Stamper April challenge, new growth
Virginia's April Show and Share
Penny Black and More, spring
Stamplorations April Mixed media challenge, use a stencil

9 comments:

  1. One fab card - great colors and stencil use too! TFS at Mod Squad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your lovely layers are speaking my language, Karen. This is totally GORGEOUS!!! I adore the colors and that wonderful bird on the branch. I am particularly impressed with your beautiful stenciled background. I am always trying to figure out how to use my stencils more often...this is a fab look which I *will* CASE!! :) Wow...way to go on using your ancient stamped background, too. It's really pretty and just perfect for this card! This is a fave!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really pretty Spring creation Karen and such lovely fresh colours, but you say the focal image of the bird is a die cut and our PB&M rules do need to see stamping focally not just the background. Sorry, but it's lovely all the same.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me again Karen, one of my DT's just told me the die cut birdie is a stamp as well as a die so of course it's totally eligible for our theme, I didn't pick that up from your post hence I wasn't sure.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brenda. I will clarify in my post, because you're right about it not being clear!

      Delete
  5. Beautiful card, love the fresh colours. EmmaTx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a SWEET/TWEET card! Love the inking and use of stamp, Karen! Your stamped-layered background is perfect in this! What a SAVE! Thanks so much for playing Virginia’s “Show & Share”! FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Karen! Love the colours and also the theme shouts Spring to me! Love it!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the color combo - so spring - thanks for joining the STAMPlorations Mixed Media Challenge this month

    ReplyDelete