Pages

4/08/2019

Woodland Celebration

My blog friend, Janis, recently pulled out some older stamps by Mark's Finest Papers and that reminded me I also had a lot of their stamp sets. I saw a few challenges that involved Woodland creatures, so I pulled out two sets by MFP (Tree Scene and Bow Hunting) and put this masculine birthday card together. I colored my main image with alcohol markers, then stamped and fussy cut the deer. Some jute twine and a wooden button embellishment finished it off. By the way, I didn't have the right cardstock for my mat-frame, or for the background sky so I just inked up my foam blenders and added the color I needed. Great way to use up those scraps that are the right size but not the right shade of brown of blue, etc. I stamped the deer on kraft, with dark brown ink, but the cardstock texture blurred the image somewhat. So I went over some of the lines and shading with dark brown Prisma Color pencil, then added highlights with white pencil. Almost tossed this deer because of the muddy-looking initial results but I was determined to save it!
Double Trouble challenge 25, I used Thing 1 (wooden embellishment) , thing 2 (woodland critter) and Thing 3 (enter at Cupcake Inspirations)

Cupcake Inspiration CIC467
Cardz TV challenge 86
Love To Scrap challenge 120, male call
Ellibelles Crafty Wednesday, wings, tails or spring blossoms
SSS Wednesday challenge, animals
Creative Fingers challenge 161
Creative Inspirations, animals
Crafty Hazelnut's PP challenge
Southern Girls challenge, Frame It

8 comments:

  1. Great scenery created, love that plaid background, the twine with the wooden embellishment. Wonderful masculine card. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble and Cupcake Inspirations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since I live in Woodland, Idaho (although my address is Kamiah), it is most appropo that you mention my name in your blog post with Woodland in its title. lol....
    This card is really beautiful, Karen. Your blue sky is so brilliant and the tree background is fab. Was that all one stamp or did you mask? Wonderful coloring!! Love the great shading on the ground and on your deer. The twine and interesting button give it a wonderful rustic charm!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful woodland scene!
    Thank you so much for joining in at my Crafty Wednesday challenge where it's all about wings, tails or spring blossoms!
    Ellie from
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful card. Love the scene you have created. Thank you for playing along at Creative Inspirations, good luck.
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your woodland card is just great. I love the patterned paper you have used. Thanks for entering this month's challenge at Creative Inspirations and good luck, Jayne DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Superb card. Love the image with the plaid.
    Thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnuts patterned paper challenge.
    Happy crafting!
    Catherine x DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card! Your images are perfectly colored and I really like the plaid paper and touch of twine and wood. Even the setting of your photo (brick and granite) fits the theme. Thank you for playing along at Double Trouble #25.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card. Love the image, adorable! Thanks for sharing at LoveToScrap Challenge blog this month!
    Irena LTSCB DT

    ReplyDelete