Pages

3/16/2019

Birthday Guy

I always need masculine birthday cards so took the opportunity to pull out the Man Card collection by Photo Play for this card. Most of the sentiments in this collection aren't ones that I can easily use on cards but the colors and patterns are great so I'm determined to use it. I layered different elements, traced and cut a file folder tab, die cut a circle mat, and added twine for this quick and easy design. I am patting myself on the back for also using colored staples...yay me! Now to figure out how to use journaling cards that say things like STUD, Eat My Dust, and Sun's Out Guns Out...haha! I guess I just don't know the right men, right?

Unstampabelles March Challenge, Masculine
DL Art March Linky
Crafty Hazelnuts March patterned paper challenge

8 comments:

  1. Fabulous masculine card love the stag image and great layout--you could use the journaling cards on journal pages?
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out great, Karen!! That Photoplay collection has some great patterns and colors. I like the exras you added. Yay for using the colored staples, too!! Wonderful masculine card.

    I can think of all sorts of things for you to use those other (ahem) "manly" journaling cards for: "STUD"....with wood grain and carpenter theme card; "Eat My Dust"....with a tortoise or sloth or even a dust mop; "Sun's Out Guns Out".....with a sun in the sky and a squirt gun. lol....
    Well, there you go. Problem solved. Next person in line, please step up. :D

    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great guy card Karen! And hey you have a blog now!! :) Wishing you much luck in your entry at UnstampaBelles! DT Connie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Handsome card! I really like Photoplay products, and you've used them so well. Great use of staples too. Thanks for joining us at unstampabelles. Best, CG

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great male card. Yeas, I know what you mean about some expressions. sometimes they work for baby layouts where the sexism is not an issue but rather amusing. Thanks for sharing your inventiveness with us at Unstampabelles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think I know those guys either! Good luck finding use for your other phrases! Thanks for sharing this great card with us at Unstampabelles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great maskuline card. Thank you for joining us at UnstapaBelles Challenge in March. Hope you'll join us again soon. Keti (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great card. Thank you for sharing at Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper. Rebecca x

    ReplyDelete