Pages

3/23/2019

Dream

I recently decided to buy some Build a Scene dies by Do-crafts as they looked like a quick and easy way to make masculine cards. Well, I'm not sure how much I like them yet because they don't come with any instructions, except for some tiny, dark, samples on the package..and I still don't quite know what I'm doing. My first cuts were too far down on my paper so I had to re-cut everything. I'll need to find a tutorial that helps me cut correctly the first time so each card doesn't take a week to make..ugh.
This die is the Countryside set and comes with that cute little dog and signpost. I didn't use all the layers so there are lots more I can do with this. Some simple inking adds a little dimension, and I added a die cut sentiment by Jillbean Soup.
This was also a good way to use up scraps from my stash. The dark gray cardstock was from the covers of accounting reports, and the green scrap was barely large enough to die cut!
Unstampabelles march challenge, masculine card
Crafty Hazelnut PP challenge. The building cuts were made using paper with a subtle marbled pattern
DL. Art March linky
Mod Squad challenge metal dies
Pixies Snippets challenge 348


8 comments:

  1. Karen this is gorgeous. Yes, I know what you mean about that manufacturer. Their product is OK but they don't sell it well. I love the scene you have created here. Thanks for sharing your inventiveness with us at Unstampabelles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did great - I purchased a scenic die that all fell apart once cut- [no instructions so I was dumbfounded] however, I did a search for that die and found many cards created using the die that gave me inspiration and how it worked] - I wish all products had instructions and examples - it would be helpful - yet searching the Internet often helps--- I understand what you mean - TFS and linking up at Mod Squad

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing, Karen!! I have never heard of these dies....but "Do"-crafts might be a bit of a misnomer if they are this hard to use! Ha. You made a fabulous scene. I love all the layers...feels like I am peeking in from a nearby hideaway. Great effect. I am looking forward to seeing more creations from this set or other similar ones you ordered!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic use of the dies, love the dog in the front of the scene. Hope you can find a way to simply use the dies! Emma

    ReplyDelete
  5. A Great scene and fab upcycling. Thanks for sharing with us at Unstampabelles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Karen - but I know what you mean about some manufacturers being much more helpful with ideas. That tends to sway me in my choices - but you did create a real beauty here! Your shading added a lot as well.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card. I haven't tried these dies either but your card definitely works. Well done in persevering. Thanks for playing along with us Unstampabelles

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card. I love build a scene dies. Thank you for joining us at UnstapaBelles Challenge in March. Hope you'll join us again soon. Keti (DT)

    ReplyDelete