Pages

3/02/2019

Rose Trio

One of the Birthday challenges on the Winnie and Walter blog this month is to make a set of at least 3 cards. I usually give my sister an assortment of about a dozen cards as part of her birthday present so this was a good opportunity to get started on that. I used the mini-scenery Bed of Roses stamp and the Audrey Cutaways die set by Winnie and Walter (scalloped frames), along with die cut sentiments by Spellbinders to make this set. I used the heat resist technique, with ink blending for my rose image and added glitter to the tiny butterfly die cut that is also part of the Audrey Cutaways die set. In order to make this set more useful to my sister, I used different sentiments on each card, but the same stamps, dies and layout.
I am loving this color combo of teal, wisteria, linen and lime from the MFT Color Challenge blog. Now I can't wait for springtime!

Winnie and Walter 5th Birthday Bash challenge with Crystal, customize die cuts. I embossed my word die cut with an embossing folder for texture: https://www.blog.winniewalter.com/2019/02/w-5th-birthday-bash-customize-die-cuts.html

Winnie and Walter Birthday Bash, make a set of 3 cards

Winnie and Walter Birthday Bash, layer die cuts

 Winnie and Walter 5th Birthday Bash challenge, use 5 of something. I used 5 layers on each card: https://www.blog.winniewalter.com/2019/02/w-5th-birthday-bash-five-challenge-with.html





 Allsorts Challenge 509,favorite season. I chose spring as my favorite season...perfect weather and great for the garden!: http://allsortschallenge.blogspot.com/2019/03/week-509-seasons-whats-your-favourite.html



6 comments:

  1. How very bright and cheery in that lovely colour palette and totally agree on our words about the season, thanks so much for joining in with our 'Seasons' theme at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW WOW WOW, Karen!!!! I LOVE this color combo so much. I adore the Bed of Roses and it is the perfect stamp to use with these gorgeous blended colors and the magical emboss resist technique!!! Very thoughtful to use different sentiments. This set is going to be your sister's favorite part of her gift....so colorful, springy with that butterfly, and elegant. Just lovely in so many ways!!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks Janis. Yes..that color combo might be one of my favorites now, and I thought it worked perfectly with the Bed of Roses stamp. Those tiny butterflies were a pain to glitter to though..and now I have glitter everywhere...sigh

      Delete
  3. Really lovely set of cards, gorgeous colour palate and a great background, like the sentiments as the focal point. Thank you for joining our 'Four Seasons' challenge at Allsorts.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards love the colour combo and embossed flower resist technique
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty and lovely cards!
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

    ReplyDelete