Pages

3/02/2019

Wishing for Springtime

We've been having some much welcome rain here in Northern California for the past several weeks, but it's also been dreary and cold. The good thing is that our spring garden will be very happy in a couple of months, and I'm looking forward to seeing our bulb flowers bloom. We have iris and tulip bulbs planted all over the backyard and front..and it's wonderful to see how many keep popping up. The bulbs were given to us by a friend who found them in a huge pile that was being discarded, so we had no idea what color they were. It's even more fun to be surprised. I pulled out this old wood-mounted stamp from my stash and made this simple stamped card to remind me of the coming spring. A little bit of matting with solid and patterned papers, and some grosgrain ribbon was all it really needed.




Allsorts Challenge 509,favorite season. I chose spring as my favorite season...perfect weather and great for the garden!: http://allsortschallenge.blogspot.com/2019/03/week-509-seasons-whats-your-favourite.html


 2 Sisters On the Blog March Challenge, CAS: http://2sistersontheblog.blogspot.com/2019/03/challenge-25.html 

8 comments:

  1. Your Tulips look beautiful in the monochromatic colours, thanks so much for joining in with our 'Seasons' theme at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your 2e card, so nice!
    Caroline DT 2Sistersonteblog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this done in the monochrome blue.....reminds me of Holland, somehow. Well, I shouldn't say REMINDS me, since I have never been there! How about suggests it to me. :) That's really a beautiful stamp....a treasure in your stash. Just like those bulbs were treasures in the trash! :) And now they are treasures waiting to pop up in your garden. I do love the spring bulb blossoms.
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card!!! Love the soft,subtle patterned paper you chose for the background. I am still waiting for my Tulips too, but the hyacinth smell lovely :D Thank you for sharing with us at Craftyhazelnut's PPC XXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful monochrome card love the tulips stamp they are my hubbys favourite flower and we have quite a few in our garden
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card in blue colours.
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is also very nice.
    Thank you for sharing it at 2Sistersontheblog.
    Nicolette DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for joining us at Allsorts challenge with your lovely tulip creation!

    ReplyDelete