Pages

3/06/2019

They Are Not Gone

While I started out March with a bang, as far as card-making goes, I pretty much slowed to a halt and hadn't been in my craft room for several days. My mind was filled with card ideas as soon as I went to bed (of course) but when morning came..my mojo was gone. So I dragged myself to my craft table last night and decided to dig up several cards that I had started working on some time ago..and finish them! This one was actually started about 8 years ago. Yes, you read that correctly, it's been sitting in a baggie for at least 8 years, waiting for me to make up my mind. Since I always need a sympathy card to have on hand, I stamped the sentiment with a very old Stampin Up set, then used two Spellbinders die sets to make a frame, a stitched rectangle by Lawn Fawn, and stitched oval by Gina Marie . A bit of inking with Vintage Photo distress ink (also a very, very old ink pad) and I can tick one card off my list. I'm debating whether to add a couple of pearls or not, but if I leave it plain then it could work for men, as well as women....so not sure what I'll do. One unfinished project down and only 200 to go!






Moving Along With the Times challenge 92, sentiment only: https://movingalongwiththetimes.blogspot.com/2019/02/92-sentiment-only-no-image.html

The Artistic Stamper March challenge, color it green: http://theartisticstampercreativeteam.blogspot.com/2019/03/marchs-creative-challenge-colour-it.html

TTCRD AG: http://ttcrd.blogspot.com/2019/03/ttcrd-challenge-anything-goes-week-of.html 

Crafty Hazelnut's patterned paper challenge: http://craftyhazelnutspatternedpaper.blogspot.com/2019/03/craftyhazelnuts-patterned-paper-march.html

4 comments:

  1. Lovely card and paper. Thanks for joining us at CHNC Patterned Paper Challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely, Karen. The soft serene colors are excellent for a sympathy card and the beautiful scrollwork on that fabulous frame fits the wonderful sentiment perfectly. Wonderful composition here, my friend! And extra points for completing a project-in-waiting!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely, perfect for our challenge at MAWTT. Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karen
    Lovely sentiment on this super card. Thanks for joining in at MAWTT.
    Best wishes.
    Ang

    ReplyDelete