Pages

3/24/2019

On a roll

Hero Arts National Craft month, any craftUnstampabelles March challenge, no stamping, masculine with optional metalAfter not having crafted for over a week, I managed to make several cards in the past two days. Following my resolution to use more of my dies, I pulled out this one by Ultimate Crafts (Framed Owl),which I just got last week. I usually let my stamps and dies mellow in my stash for at least a couple of months before I break them out so this was a first. I combined the owl die with a stitched oval by Gina Marie, and a clear sentiment sticker from my sticker collection. This sticker was so old I barely pulled it off the backing sheet in one piece. Some colored staples and inking, plus a couple of enamel dots finished it off.
Unstampabelles March challenge, no stamping, masculine with optional staples or pegs
DL. Art March linky
Allsorts challenge 512, feathered friends
Double Trouble challenge 24, Thing 1: use something metallic
Papercraft Challenge 16, AG with optional animal 
Crafty Hazelnut's patterned paper challenge


8 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous owl Karen. Yes, I usually let mine sit for a while - then forget I have them! I have this wonderful idea of making a list of what I have (HA) one day. I have started with my SU dies but faltered at the idea of the others! Have finally sorted them into various baskets - flora, fauna, other stuff, words, shapes.......might now be able to list them too.
    Back to your work! Love the colour combos and the way you have inked the owl. Thanks also for sharing your creativity with us at Unstampabelles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your supplies are fortunate to live at your house where they only have to ripen a couple of months!!! Mine sometimes need to age for a couple of years....(hangs head in shame...)

    This owl is wonderful and I think I recall you have a little grandie who loves owls! This wise old bird will crossover easily to be featured on girl cards when you are done making a few masculine ones with him. Love the plaid background you used for a warm but still manly look. Nice card!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's a superb Owl Karen and what a fab creation for our 'Feathered Friends' theme at Allsorts challenge this week, thanks so much for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful card Karen, thank you so much for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A really lovely die and a great background, super papers too. Thank you for joining our 'Feathered Friends'
    challenge this week at Allsorts.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are not alone in letting things mellow! Great job at using something still fresh! and the old sticker. Thanks for sharing with us again at Unstampabelles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice card! Thank you for playing along at Double Trouble Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love plaid backgrounds and great owl die...cool card. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble.

    ReplyDelete