Pages

3/25/2019

Just A Hug

After not having stamped much this past month, I've been on a card-making roll these past two days...and I even used a stamp set that I only recently purchased.  I had seen this adorable coffee themed stamp set by Hero Arts on several blogs and had to have it. It's called Foam Animals...for obvious reasons. I combined it with a fun sentiment from This is Big, also by Hero Arts, and a die cut arrow by Paper Smooches (from Wise Dies). The tiny star is by Winnie and Walter. I heat embossed the sentiment with embossing powder by Brutus Monroe and colored the images with alcohol markers, then I made a matching envelope. Hmmm, I think I may need to make a whole set of these!
 So when I first made this card, I stamped the foam kitty in dark brown ink and got carried away by turning him into a striped tabby (haha). Then, at 1:00 am I suddenly realized that it didn't look like foam at all, but rather like a cat sitting in a hot tub! So...re-did the foam kitty this morning and I think it looks better. Still kind of prefer my hot-tub kitty though...sigh   So I'm sharing both of them!
 Time Out challenge 131, Hugs, Kisses and Birthday Wishes
Hero Arts National Craft Month
A Blog Named Hero , embossing with Hero Arts
Stamplorations march challenge, coffee or tea
Papercraft Challenge 16, animals
Paper Smooches Birthday challenge, I used the arrow die by Paper Smooches
Paper Smooches website

SUYP challenge 40, cats
2 sisters on the blog March challenge, CAS
SSS Wednesday challenge, Cute
Stamplorations CAS challenge, A/G
TCP challenge 355, decorate an envie

14 comments:

  1. What a Beautiful card.
    Thank you for sharing it.
    Nicolette DT 2Sistersontheblog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card!
    Thanks for sharing it with us.
    Caroline DT 2Sistersontheblog

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute, Karen ... and so much fun ... that little kitty floating in the coffee is a riot ... sure had me smiling! Thanks so much for playing along with us at our 5th birthday celebrations at Time Out! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't seen this set before, its too cute!! And well done using a recently purchased stamp set, takes me months sometimes to do that.... Love your colouring of the kitty, especially the subtle tabby markings. And all that crisp white makes the colours pop. So very glad you joined us at TIME OUT!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't this cute!! I love the multiple sentiments and the sweet image. Your CAS design looks great as well, love the positioning of all the elements. Thanks for joining us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous coffee card and love how well all those sentiments work together.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL @ the kitty soaking in the hot tub!! I does NOT look like that, but you sure did give me a giggle. I've had one or two old kitties that didn't seem to mind getting a soothing warm bath...as long as they had a nice toasty place to get dried off. I think the warm water felt good on their old bones.

    Great job using new supplies!! I am very impressed. :) That stamp set is one of the cutest ones I have seen in a long time. How fun!! Your cards are just adorable. I am always partial to striped kitties, so that one is my favorite. Wonderful coloring....I love how you did the edge of the table. Super-fun sentiment and great use of the little star and arrow accent elements. Nice coordinating envelope, too. This card and envelope set is a fave!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pleased Karen that you joined us at STAMPlorations CAS Card Challenge with your cute cat in a mug card. It looked like a big marshmellow that melted into the shape of a kitty cat:-) TFS both cards. Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  9. A fab coffee card perfect for our March tea/coffee challenge over at STAMPlorations.Thanks joining us xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cute! Sweet! Thank you for joining us! Jeanie -Scrapbookingmamaw @ Proud PB DT Member
    Be sure to join in on the fun with our Papercraft Business Challenges next time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is really great!! I love it. Congrats on opening a blog- sorry I have been MIA I will have to read from the beginning. Come follow me to I just became your newest follower!!
    Thank you for entering the DL.ART THANKFUL THURSDAY challenge #241 “Always Thankful”. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.

    DL.ART
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. A wonderful card and I love that sweet stamp :-) Thank you for purring along to play at SUYP Cats Challenges. =^..^=
    Hugz
    IKE x

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  13. Karen- you were the lucky winner of my Big One prize on my blog, IG and YouTube! I need your mailing address asap so I can mail out your winnings!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a fun card and I love the coffee kitty! Thanks for playing along with us at A Blog Named Hero.

    ReplyDelete