Pages

6/04/2019

Butterfly Wishes

I was so enthralled with the inspiration photo for Time Out Challenges that I had to make two cards. This one uses an embossing folder by Cuttlebug for the background, and a layered Peony stamp set by Birch Press Designs. I didn't even know that I had this stamp set...eek! I added a butterfly, which I cut out of the Butterfly border stamp by Stamplorations, and some rhinestone flourishes by Prima Marketing. Truth be told, those rhinestone flourishes kind of drive me nuts because I can't ever quite figure out how to use them. They get stuck to my fingers and have a mind of their own as I try to adhere them to my design.
Time Out Challenge 136. I was inspired by the embossed look of the background and the flowers in the inspiration photo 
Stamplorations Things with Wings Challenge
Three Amigos challenge 27, things with wings
Stamplorations AG challenge
DL.Art June linky
Penny Black and More June challenge. Blooms, butterflies/bugs

5 comments:

  1. well you really captured our photo so well here-such wonderful texture as the background and then this gorgeous bloom...and I am with you on the flourish gems...what a pain they are to use but you did a super job. Thanks for joining us at Time Out x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, this card is so pretty and elegant with the embossed background and the pretty butterfly and flower. How clever to cut the butterfly part out of a border stamped piece! I really love the soft hues of all the colors. Fab interp of the inspiration graphic!!

    I finally found the secret to handling those flourishes. I wrote about it in a blog post awhile back: http://herpeacefulgarden.blogspot.com/2019/03/thank-you-another-aperture-card.html It worked a treat, as our UK friends say! Hope that helps....next time!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! Love the colors and the embossed background is perfect... very elegant looking card. Thanks so much for playing along at Three Amigos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely creation for our bugs, butterflies and blooms theme this month - many thanks for joining in again at Penny Black and More Challenges xxx

    ReplyDelete