Pages

6/11/2019

Make A Wish

I pulled out a wood mounted stamp that I've had for years and years (by Rubber Stampede), and thought that I would try to color it with brush markers (which are at least 15 years old). Hmmm, seems that brush markers dry out after that long a period ...surprise, surprise! So, I tossed that first version and went for a more modern, one-color option. I combined the cake image with a gift-bearing bear from Bitty Bears by MFT, and a die cut sentiment by Spellbinders. Even used some eyelets..yay! Even the purple cardstock was so old that it had faded around the edges so I trimmed off the faded part. Oh, and the red cardstock has been in my stash for at least 15 years as well.Now, of course, I feel justified in continuing to hoard craft supplies forever!
P/S: My first version of this card (with the brush markers) was SO terrible that even I couldn't keep it, and it went into the wastebasket...sigh...
MFT Birthday Project, Make a Wish...use candles
Stamplorations June Theme and Sketch, stamps and birthday
 Die Cut Divas June challenge, birthday and dies
Crafters Castle June challenge
DL.Art June linky
Craft Stamper June challenge, AG

2 comments:

  1. Hahahaha......I have found that my old Marvy markers dry out, too, after, oh, say, 25 years or so!!! LOL. I still keep them, though, of course. (Can you say "watercolor marker refill water backgrounds"? Try saying that 5 times fast. Ha!) In my old age, I find that I, too, occasionally am able to actually throw something away that just really, really looks bad. I prob would have kept that piece you tossed, though. I could have misted it to make the colors run and do something arty that looked equally as terrible as the original with it. LOL!!

    Okay, on to your card.....
    Yay for using old stash!!! The stamp is a fun one with the cake and confetti. Looks great in red....and you matched your ink and cardstock PERFECTLY! You are using some awesome bold color combos lately and this purple and red are striking and fabulous!! Love the little addition of the sweet bear. Awwww.... Even the loose ends of your twine on the sentiment banner add to the fun and celebratory look. Great job!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete