Pages

6/03/2019

Cozy Christmas

As I've gone through a lot of my old, old stash, I came across some pretty Christmas stickers and figured that I'd add them to cards. It was really hard to peel these stickers off the backing, because they'd gotten almost permanently adhered due to age. So I fussy cut them with the idea of gluing them to my card fronts. Turns out that the sticker backing doesn't work well with any kind of adhesive, which is why it's used a REMOVABLE sticker backing, haha! So I had to pick at the edges over and over again until I was able to peel off a tiny corner...and finally get it loose. Fussy cutting was kind of a pain but I'm determined to use up the entire sheet because they're so pretty. I added a stamped sentiment, which I cut into a circle and matted. Then I punched holes in the top and bottom of the circle and threaded jute through it. Light distressing and inking gives it a nice old-fashioned look I think.
CHNC challenge 440
Crafty Hazelnut's June PP challenge
DL.Art June Linky
Crimbo Crackers 185
Christmas Crafts All year Round June challenge, garlands or leaves

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful creation! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lovely sticker!!! What a wonderful idea to make it into a rustic card. I love the addition of the jute.

    I'm not positive, but I think Beacon 3-in-1 will grip onto that "non-stick" sticker backing. It's the adhesive that I use for 98% of my crafting adhesive needs and offers utterly reliable stick-and-stay-stuck-ness. (Hey...Beacon ought to pay me for that plug! :) )
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. The image is so pretty, well worth all the fussy cutting, I think :-)
    Thank you for playing along with us at Christmas Cards All Year ‘Round. We hope to see you again next time. Have a wonderful day!
    ♥ Lena ~ DT
    Christmas Crafts All Year ‘Round
    Lena’s Creations

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great card - thanks so much for joining us a Christmas Crafts All Year Round.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete