Pages

6/10/2019

Tropical Celebration

When I saw that the MFT Color challenge calls for coral, lime and gray I knew I had to give it a try. It's 100 degrees today and that calls for tropical drinks (non-alcoholic of course!), flowers, and bright colors. I used a die set by Stampin Up , stencil by Vintage, die cut sentiment by Obsession Impression, and the Double-stitched circle dies by MFT. You know how you think a card will be quick and easy...but then it takes forever? Yeah...that was this one. I didn't have the right color cardstock for my die cuts,  so had to ink white card-stock with Stampin' Up's Cameo Coral, Green Galore, and Going Gray (all very, very old SU colors). Then I masked and inked the coral strip along the bottom, which might become my new favorite technique. Thanks Janis for inspiring me!!I have a friend with a birthday in a week, so this one will be sent to her.
MFT CC118: coral, lime and gray
Through the Craftroom Door, AG


Die cut Divas, dies with birthday
Cardz TV challenge 91
Crafters Castle June Challenge
DL.Art June linky



5 comments:

  1. Such a bright, vibrant, beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Divas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's a beautiful card. lovely colour combo. thank you for sharing it with us at TTCRD and good luck, Theresa xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those colors are delicious, Karen! The slight color variations from inking the white cardstock give this card a beautiful organic look. Lovely stenciled background and I adore how you use that ring to frame your flowers. Your masking looks fabulous...and you inspire me with this, since I have never think to stencil above the masked line. I just make sky. lol... Beautiful tropical card, Karen....and now time to cool off with a frosty fruit smoothie!!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun bright card. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete