Pages

6/24/2019

Mixed Media Packing Tape Tag

Here is another mixed media tag. I became fascinated with the packing tape technique some years back, and made a small baggie full of images using that technique. I found this image in an epherma packet, and decided to use aluminum tape around the edges to give the impression of a frame. It ended up looking like a small glass slide embellishment, and is something I plan to do again. I dug into a box that I have, filled with hand-cut tags that I made ages ago, and added a swirl cut from handmade paper. A tiny chipboard heart that I covered with aluminum foil, and a small stamped element and ribbon finished this one.
Mod Squad stand-alone mixed media tag
DL.Art June linky
Crafty Hazelnut's June PP challenge. The image of the girl is patterned paper

3 comments:

  1. This is really neat! I haven't ever done the packing tape technique. Do you cover the image with the tape and soak off the backing with water? Or just peel away or what? Love the transparent look. It really does look like a glass slide! Your tag looks so awesome with all the metallic accents and graphic shapes using this bold color palette! Amazing work!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you cover the image with packing tape and then soak off the backing. It leaves a semi-transparent image that still retains a bit of the stickiness, so it's almost like a sticker. Apparently, you can use ink jet printer images, but I have only used pre-printed images for mine. It's kind of addicting, to tell the truth.

      Delete
  2. Karen this is fabulous tag! TFS at Mod Squad

    ReplyDelete