Pages

6/04/2019

Tropical Birthday

While going through a lot of old stash, I found an old stamp that I had carved out of  rubber left over from an old Stampin' Up set. So I inked it up, along with some flower and leaf stamps by Stampin Up, and made my own patterned paper. After trimming it and inking the edges, I added die cut birds on a branch by Stamplorations, which I inked with ink blenders and bright colors.  This card reminded me of the time I used to make my own stamped backgrounds because I didn't have much patterned paper. Hard to believe that was ever the case now! Yes, I even tried my hand at carving stamps back then. The hand-carved one is the geometric design in light blue.

Stamplorations AG challenge, I used a die by Stamplorations
Stamplorations Things with Wings challenge
 Three Amigos challenge 27, Things with Wings
Through the Craftroom Door
Crafters Castle June challenge

DL.Art June Linky
TCP tuesday challenge, summer
Penny Black and More June challenge. Blooms, butterflies, bugs

7 comments:

  1. Fab use of your stash and love that grungy background you made using them. Fab card and this background looks great for the vibrant die and these colours match our photo to perfection. Thanks for joining Time Out

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooooh....I love these vibrantly colored birds against the blues in your creatively stamped background. You are so clever making your own rubber stamp!!! Awesome. You should use it more often. This turned out wonderful!! And I am with you....hard to believe there was ever a time I didn't have a ton of patterned paper, either!!! lol...
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great colours and background.

    Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards,
    TTCRD DT
    Made by Helen{My Blog}
    Through The Craft Room Door
    ttcrd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is so fun!! I love it.
    Thank you for entering the DL.ART THANKFUL THURSDAY challenge #244 “Thankful”. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.

    DL.ART
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful background! And Love how the birds were colored. Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Crafter's Castle this month....good luck :)
    Hugs... Janie
    DT
    Crafter's Castle
    crafterscastle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is SO cool! Love that background and those sweet birds! thanks for playing along with us at Three Amigos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those birds really pop against you lovey stamped background Karen, many thanks for joining us at Penny Black and More challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete