Pages

6/12/2019

Dragonfly Ride

I was going through some of my older stamps yesterday and was shocked (and very, very pleased) to find that I had two wood mounted House Mouse Design stamps that I didn't even know I owned! Okay, okay...this may mean that I have too many stamps but I'm blaming it on old age, ha! Anyway, I immediately inked up this one (Dragonfly Ride) and colored it up. Some pretty background paper by K&Co, and a border die by Fiskars put this together. The sentiment is from another House Mouse Designs stamp set. I even gave the partial die cut technique a try, which necessitated my breaking out a new Sizzix Big Shot cutting plate since my old, warped one wouldn't stop shifting the die around. This fun card will go into my birthday card stash for a fun-loving, adventurous friend!
Finding these older stamps was such a switch from my usual, which is misplacing a stamp that I just KNOW I have..but can't find anymore!
House Mouse Monday challenge 293, AG or summer fun
Die cut Divas June challenge, dies and birthday
Stamplorations June theme and sketch challenge, stamps and birthday 
 DL Art June linky
Three Amigos June challenge, things with wings

Crafters Castle June challenge , AG
TCP June challenge, summer
Crafty Hazelnut's June PP challenge 
Craft Stamper June challenge, AG with stamping 
Penny Black and More June challenge, blooms, butterflies, bugs

14 comments:

  1. Sweet image you chose, and the colors on your beautiful card are lovely. Pretty die cuts too. Thanks for joining the fun and sharing a card with us at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Karen, I am so glad you found this stamp because this is one of the most ADORABLE cards I have seen in awhile!!! That image is so sweet and I love how you did the partial die-cutting....very clever and effective. I would've been afraid of cutting off that tail with a carving Big Shot!

    How forward-looking to have a spare set of cutting plates in reserve. Did you notice how much better they cut??? (I was so afraid my old ones would have catastrophic failure that I bought a fresh set to have in reserve, too, in addition to my extra-long set that I rarely use!! That was months ago and I am still using my old ones! Ha. I guess I will wait till I just can't get a decent cut from these marred up ones or until they break.)

    I adore the colors on your card. That background paper is so yummy. I don't think I have that K&Co. stack.....very pretty. Love the layered border accents, too. It is all just perfect. A fave, for sure!!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you brave woman doing the partial cut technique. I can't seem to get it done.

    Lovely House Mouse image and your card is beautiful. The colors are lovely. So glad you found some old/new stamps to use. Thank you for joining us at House Mouse and Friends Monday challenge. {Bunny} Designer for House Mouse and Friends

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, Karen, now you've created some balance in your craft room by finding instead of losing! And what a great find it was! I love these meeses being towed by the pretty dragonfly and I love how you've designed your card around the image with your great use of pp and pretty border!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Make a wish and mice flying is a fantastic combo and you made me smile. I'm so glad you found this stamp and surprised us. The floral pattern is a perfect whimsical background for this image. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an adorable card and way to go on re-discovering this cute stamp! Thanks for joining the fun at STAMPlorations Theme & Sketch challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely and fun card with a cute image and lovely colours. Thanks for sharing your project with us at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.
    Dorte x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so sweet ..... beautifully coloured too. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful and sweet Karen
    Thank you for playing with us at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.
    Goodluck and hope we see you again.

    Gr Karin DT Member


    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this is adorable!! I've not seen that House Mouse image before and I love it! Such a pretty and adorable card! Thanks for linking up over at Three amigos!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely papers and a really cute little image, lovely creation. Thank you for joining our Blooms, Butterflies and Bugs challenge at Penny Black and More.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think we're all guilty of having hidden and forgotten stash Karen, but pleased you found this one as it's such a sweet image and prefect for our current theme at Penny Black and More, thanks so much for joining us again.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  13. A super cute creation and so glad you found some hidden stash to make it with! Many thanks for joining us at Penny Black and More Challenges this month xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adorable card- made me smile! Thanks for playing along with us at STAMPlorations Sketch and Theme Challenge! :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete