Pages

5/04/2019

A mother is...

I used a very old stamp by Stampin' Up to make another Mother's Day card, which will go to my 85 year old aunt. She loves yellow so I pulled out papers by K&Co and a an image by K. Andrews to make this. When I added Nuvo drops to the main panel, I accidentally smeared two of them and was beside myself until I realized I could just cover it up with a flower. The flower ended up looking better than the Nuvo drops...so win/win! The sweet little scalloped frame is by Winnie and Walter, and the decorative corner image is by Anita's. I love it when I can use really old stash, don't you?
Spring/Summer Coffee Lovers Hop

Three Amigos challenge, food or drink
Double Trouble Challenge 28, spring. I also used Thing 3 for drink, and Thing 4 by linking to Three Amigos
DL. Art May Linky
 Crafty Hazelnut's May PP challenge
Lost Coast Designs, things that begin with B, I chose BREW
Kat Scrappiness May challenge, Coffee with Mom
Word ARt Wednesday
Papercraft Challenge May challenge 18, mother's day or AG 
Craft Stamper May challenge , AG
Cut It Up challenge, mothers day with die cut 173

25 comments:

  1. LOL....flowers to the rescue!!! Why do you think I use so many of them????? Ha. This turned out so pretty. Yay for using some old stash for a nice springy background. I love this wonderful sentiment and the thought behind it. The fancy corner piece and the Nuvo drops are special details that make this card a real standout!! Beautiful.
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is pretty, Karen. I love the yellow. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great fix with the flower -- I hate it when I mess up, but like you, I try to find a way to make it work anyway. Love your pretty yellow card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, that flower is perfection paired with the pretty yellow cup. I love this beautiful sentiment. Gorgeous card, Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty, love that quote.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card.
    Thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnuts patterned paper challenge.
    Happy crafting!
    Catherine x DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's funny how a smear will bring in another embellishment and it really makes the card...beautiful and love your sentiment. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble and Three Amigos. Please come back and make a comment "Your favorite spring/summer drink" to be eligible for random draw on Blog Candy (giveaway not associated with our regular random draw).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reminding me to leave a comment Suzanne, and for your sweet comment on my card. Yes, I think the smear, and subsequent flower addition, really improved the design!

      Delete
  8. Pretty card and great sentiment

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card and I love all the gorgeous yellow on it. Looks so bright and cheery.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty bright yellow Brew card. Love the sentiment and your flowered background paper. Thanks for joining the Lost Coast Design Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Flowers are wonderful rescuers. Love the yellow. I'm sure she will love this card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your aunt will love it! Pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card and great sentiment. Thanks for joining the fun at the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity Challenge. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  14. So pretty! Beautiful sentiment too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How beautiful! Love the yellow! Thank you for joining us! Jeanie -Scrapbookingmamaw @ Proud PB DT Member
    Be sure to join in on the fun with our Papercraft Business Challenges next time!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Score! on two accounts - using a very old (but still useful and pretty) stamp and salvaging a mistake beautifully! The card looks fabulous!

    Thanks for joining us for our Cut it Up for our Mothers’ Day challenge!

    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a bright and pretty card! Thank you for joining the Lost Coast Design's Portal to Creativity Blog Challenge! Lori

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for joining us at Double Trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Really pretty and a little bit of a retro feel to the colors and papers. I actually like the flower quite well - it was meant to be. Thank you for sharing with us this month at Papercraft Challenge.

    ReplyDelete