Pages

5/07/2019

Great Day

I am having fun with my various shaped dies; turning them into card bases. The oval one was a little tricky because I could not get it to stand up straight. So...I used just the oval as my card front, and made a little folding stand for the back. There's room enough to write a sentiment, and now it doesn't keep tipping over. I used another image by Newton's Nook, oval stitched dies by Gina Marie, and stitched flags by LDRS. A sentiment by Cardz TV, and some really old scrap paper from my stash finished this one off.
 2019 Coffee Lovers spring/summer hop
Crafter's Cafe challenge 218, use dies or punches
Lost Coast Designs challenge, things that start with B. I used BLUE and BEVERAGE
Three Amigos challenge, food or drink
Crafty Hazelnut's PP challenge
DL Art May Linky
Love to Scrap May challenge
Kat Scrappiness May challenge, coffee or mom
Time Out Challenge, Playful. What could be more playful than Newton making coffee with a french press?
Cupcake Inspirations challenge 469, shaped card

23 comments:

  1. What a sweet little shape card! That little kitten is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very cute and I love the shape of the card. Another stamping friend of mine told me one time to cut just a shade off the bottom of the back panel of a circle card so that it could stand better so I wonder if that would have worked with your oval one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought about doing that too, but would have had to cut off quite a bit because the oval shape doesn't have much support along the bottom. That would work well with a circular card though, so I'll have to remember that tip.

      Delete
  3. So it's like a real oval frame with the stand in the back? Genius! lol
    This is really adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, exactly! Framed Newton photo for my nightstand, haha!

      Delete
  4. Look at that fancy kitty with his french press coffee. Adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute and fun kitty and card shape.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Karen,
    What a sweet card, and Newton is adorable as always. Great job on this one......once again.
    TFS!
    Karen L

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet card with Newton as a gray tuxedo kitty!! I don't know if I have ever seen him colored that way....so cute!!! Great combination of colors and banners....and genius solution to tipsy Newton!! Of course he *could* cut back on the caffeine, but that's no fun. Ha.
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great shaped card, love the layers on it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So fun! I love cats! Thank you for playing along with us over at Cupcake Inspirations!
    -Sandy, DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another cute Newton's Nook card. AND shaped, too. Very cute. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun Shaped card! So CUTE!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute! I'm a big fan of Newton!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww.. such a cute shaped card! Thank you for joining us with Newton and his cup of coffee at Cupcake Inspirations, hugs~ Ishani.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a cute and clever cat. Thanks for joining the fun at the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity Challenge. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic! Adorable and great design!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a darling project
    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Hazel Nuts Pattern Paper Challenge
    Julie T

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cute kitty card! If only they would share. Thanks for joining us at LTSCB
    Tina dt

    ReplyDelete