Pages

5/04/2019

Lilac Birthday

I used to buy a LOT of stationary and cards, back before I made all of mine (hard to remember back that far). Therefore, I have stacks and packs of pretty cards that I never use. SO...I decided to fussy cut this pretty tea cup and upcycle it into a birthday card. The tag card die is by Die-sire, and the pretty lilac icon is by Spellbinders. The sentiment is by Jennifer Ellory.  I added some seam binding and inking to pretty it up. I think it has a nice, vintage romantic look that would be nice to add to my nursing home donation pile.

One person who comments on any of my coffee themed cards by May 20 will receive a small blog candy from me.
Spring/Summer Coffee Lovers Hop

Three Amigos challenge, food or drink
 DL. Art May Linky
 Crafty Hazelnut's May PP challenge
Word Art Wednesday
Lost Coast Designs challenge, Things that start with B, I used a bow and a brew
SSS Wednesday challenge, birthday
MFT Birthday project, birthday and favorite drink
Cupcake Inspirations challenge 469, shaped card
Kat Scrappiness May challenge, coffee or Mom
Crafter's Cafe, use dies or punches

25 comments:

  1. Hi Karen!
    I love the shape of this, and that teacup is beyond delightful. What a fabulous design. You nailed this one.
    Blessings,
    Karen L

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to up-cyle old cards -- that teacup sure is pretty! Such a lovely shape card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a beautiful cup and I can see why you'd want to upcycle it. This card is really pretty and does have a vintage, shabby chic feel to it. Someone is going to be so tickled to receive it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun upcycling. I use to buy tons of tons of cards before getting into stamping too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty, Karen! Love your teacup!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So Pretty! Love the shape!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  7. The teacup is so beautiful, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card shape and fun cup. So pretty

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous up-cycling. I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks wonderful, Karen. The pretty shape of the card alone makes it a standout, but with that lovely tea cup, the lacy medallion, and the beautiful bow...WOW!! Any lady would be thrilled to receive this!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Birthday Brew card - pretty color palette and die cuts. Thanks for joining the Lost Coast Design Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is a good idea to cut up and use parts of cards you don’t want. This is really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the shaped card and great recycling
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love note cards and stationery even though I make my own cards now too. I guess I'm a paper lover at heart. Lovey card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty card! Great way to upcycle the cards! Love the tag die you used!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pretty card and cup. Thanks for joining us at CHNC Patterned Paper Challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sweet card. Thanks for joining the fun at the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity Challenge. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful! That cup is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is a good way to use those cards - I have a similar stash! I really like the setting for the pretty teacup. Thank you for joining the current challenge at the Crafter's Cafe. Dorothy S, DT member

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great shaped card! Your teacup is so pretty. Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations - Charlotte/Lady Joyful, DT

    ReplyDelete