Pages

5/07/2019

Purr-fect Blend

When I saw that the Cupcake Inspiration  had a challenge for shaped cards I decided to pull out some of my Spellbinder large label dies and see what I could come up with. I've been meaning to experiment with cutting shaped cards from these dies but hadn't gotten around to it yet, so this was the perfect motivation. I cut this label die shape once in heavy white card for the base, and then in bright orange. I carefully cut around the orange die shape, in order to leave a white border showing all around. The stitched circle die is by LDRS and that adorable little coffee-lovin' kitty is by Newton's Nook. Please leave a comment on any of my coffee or tea-themed cards to be in the running for a small blog candy from me.
Cupcake Inspiration 469, make a shaped card

2019 Spring/Summer Coffee Lovers Hop 

Three Amigos challenge, food or drink
Crafty Hazelnut's May PP challenge
DL.Art May Linky
Lost Coast Designs challenge, things that start with B. I used a coffee BREW, and BRIGHT 
colors.|
SSS Work it Wednesday, Pets
Kat Scrappiness May challenge, coffee or Mom
Crafter's Cafe, use dies or punches
Time Out Challenge 134, playful
Word Art Wednesday
Tuesday Throwdown, frame it
Love to Scrap May challenge

21 comments:

  1. What a bright and cheerful card --- I love the fun shape!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So bright + fun! Love the shake too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how summery this is and cute with Newton. He's such a doll.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, the colors on this design are like a ray of sunshine and show of that cute Newton so well. I love this cheery creation you made.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the cute image,great shape and sunny colours
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO bright and fun. Newton looks like he's having fun. I'd enjoy having a cup of coffee with Newton. He's the best!
    TFS!
    Karen L

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute little critter and bright fun card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very fun shaped card, and I like your little kitty. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea using those oversized dies to make a shaped card!! I just love this bright and happy card. Your vivid orange and yellow coloring is fabulous. I like the way you tied the twine...and the addition of the orange triangles in the focal panel reminds me of a tiled splash board. The big yellow circle is just like the sun shining brightly in the window on a spring morning. And....as usual, Newton is up to no-good!! lol.. Wonderful card, Karen!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the colors on your card. So bright and cheery.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sweet and fun, Karen ... such happy colours ... and a fabulous, playful sentiment! Thanks so much for playing along with us again at Time Out! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great color combo and shape for your cute card! Love Newton!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great shape for a card. Thanks for entering your wonderful creation at The Crafter's Cafe this fortnight for our "Make your own background or Use Dies and or Punches.)" challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so bright and beautiful. I went through a phase of buying dies to try and cut shaped cards. Maybe I should revisit the idea as well LOL. Thanks for joining the fun at the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity Challenge. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  15. So sweet and adorable and such happy colors.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this card shape and newton is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great shape to your card, and Newton looks SO cute. Thanks for sharing all your sweet cards in our challenges. It's always such a treat to have you play along with us.
    Blessings,
    Karen L
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  18. A great card - thanks for sharing it with us at Love to Scrap.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete