Pages

5/16/2019

All I Want For Christmas

When I saw the Snarky Christmas theme for the Christmas Kickstart challenge, I began to dig through my Christmas stamps and sentiments in order to come up with something that was, by definition on the blog, full of "sass, sarcasm and irreverence" without going over the line..ahem, cough, cough... My first two cards required a computer generated sentiment of my own design because none of my stamp sentiments came close to what I wanted to say. And then, today, what should show up in a grab bag of goodies that I ordered from Sparkle N Sprinkle but the Christmas Goose set. Not only does it include a frazzled goose, wrapped up in strings of lights, but a whole assortment of fun, sassy, and snarky sentiments! Now the problem was paring it down to just one...and this was the one that spoke to me the loudest.
I added some stitched lines with a Lawn Fawn die, and a bit of bakers twine, just for fun. I may have to make several of these for next Christmas, because I know a lot of friends who can relate completely.
Christmas Kickstart challenge 10, S is for Snarky Christmas
CHNC challenge 437
Christmas Crafts All Year Round, ornaments. I hope that the string of lights qualfies as ornaments.
SSS Wednesday challenge, stitching
DL. May Linky
Crimbo Crackers 184
Crafty Hazelnut's May PP challenge
Lost Coast Designs, use some words

11 comments:

  1. Love this too! You really are on a roll with this theme Karen. Thanks for playing along again at CKC, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what I want for Christmas too
    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Hazel Nuts Pattern Paper Challenge
    Julie T

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this duck and the sentiment is perfect for the look on his face! Wonderful card and thanks for joining the Lost Coast Design Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous card and I love the sentiment too! Thank you for sharing at Christmas Crafts All Year Round.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that goose. I feel that sentiment. Thanks for joining the fun at the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity Challenge. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable! Yes, I will accept lights as ornaments as they DO go on trees as decorations!!! :) Thanks so much for participating in our CHRISTMAS CRAFTS ALL YEAR ‘ROUND challenge. Hope you participate in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafty day!!!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete
  7. A sentiment every parent can identify with, especially at Christmas, and a really fun image.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card made me laugh. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Hazel Nut's Christmas Card Weekly Challenge - Myrna DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lol at the image and the sentiment! Cute and funny!
    Thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnuts patterned paper challenge.
    Happy crafting!
    Catherine x DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL.....that image is hilarious. Great coloring...I esp love the elf stockings on the duck's feet!! Hahaha. Fun card and perfect sentiment. Looks great with the cheery red polka-dot background.
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess it IS a goose, isn't it? How serendipitous that it should arrive just in time, too!!!
      <3 J

      jwoolbright at gmail dot com
      HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

      Delete