Pages

5/10/2019

Something Wonderful

I thought that I wouldn't have time for anymore coffee or tea themed projects this week, but I found myself at my craft table pulling out some white embossing powder and these chalkboard sentiments by My Craft Spot. A cup image by Paper Sweeties from Eat Cake, some floral stamps by Winnie and Walter, and a tiny steam image by K Andrews...and I came up with this! I rummaged through bags and bags of paper scraps, looking for a patterned paper that combined orange and teal (that I just KNEW I had somewhere). When I couldn't find it..I decided to stamp my own orange and teal pattern...yes! I also mde my chalkboard frame with kraft paper that I cut and mitered, then inked up.
 2019 Spring/summer coffee lovers hop

MFT Color challenge 117: teal, tangerine, kraft and navy
Three Amigos challenge, food or drink
Kat Scrappiness May challenge, coffee or mom
Word Art Wednesday
Penny Black and More challenge, something feminine
Lost Coast Designs, things that start with B. I used BLACKBOARD, BLOOMS AND BREW
Craft Stamper Take it Make It May challenge
Cardz TV challenge 89
Tuesday Throwdown challenge , frame it
Virginia's Show and Share

19 comments:

  1. I love your tea cup design. Perhaps you can go into production!! . Love those colours together. Re the fold staying closed. It helps to position the sentiment onto the front fold so that when the card is closed the extra weight holds it down. Otherwise position on the bottom fold overlapping and tuck the top fold behind. Hope this helps. Hugs. Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that pretty floral cup and the chalkboard look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the floral design you came up with here, Karen. MUCH better
    than the paper you couldn't find, I'm sure. :-) This is beautiful.
    Love the chalkboard & sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this sentiment and the colors you used. Orange and teal is so summery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty card! Love the pretty floral cup! Great sentiment too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how pretty, love that sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the chalkboard sentiment and the gorgeous cup!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a pretty colour palette Karen and it's a lovely sentiment. Many thanks for joining in our 'Feminine' theme again at Penny Black and More challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous. I love the coffee cup and your design

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is awesome, Karen. Love the turquoise and the fab cup.

    ReplyDelete
  11. such nice layering on your card. love the colors you used and the flowered coffee cup! thanks for joining the lost coast design challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the pretty cup and that wonderful chalkboard-style sentiment. Great use of the MFT challenge colors for a spring/summer card. I looked at those and could only think of autumn/winter!! I adore the sweet little stars, too.
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a beautiful creation, love the colors and wonderful sentiment.
    Thank you so much for joining us at Penny Black and More challenge!
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wpmderful card. love the calkboard and the happy cup.

    ReplyDelete
  15. How sweet is that tea/coffee cup, Karen! Your DIY chalkboard is perfect! Thanks so much for playing Virginia’s “Show & Share”! FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This looks fab ..... What a great sentiment. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

    ReplyDelete