Pages

5/19/2019

Birthday Cupcake

I decided to play with some of my Stamplorations stamp sets and stencils today, so I made this cupcake birthday card. I used a circle die to make my own stencil, and inked inside the shape with an ink blender. Then I used the straight edge of scrap paper to ink the borders along the top and bottom. The cupcake stamp is Sketched: Cupcake by Stamplorations and the sentiment is by Stampendous. I used some tiny star images from Sparkle by Winnie and Walter. Making a one-layer card was nerve-wracking and I kept wanting to add more, but forced myself to stop..ugh.
Mod Squad challenge, one layer CAS. I used stamps by Stamplorations for this
Stamplorations AG challenge with Stamplorations product

Stamplorations Theme and Sketch, Cupcakes 
Allsorts 520/1, birthday
Lost Coast Designs challenge 76, use words
Time Out Challenge 135, stars

9 comments:

  1. What a happy card Karen, it just makes you smile, it's lovely to see you at Allsorts 10th Birthday celebrations, thanks so much for joining in the fun.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice and bright colors for this fun birthday card. Thanks for joining the Lost Coast Design challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you stopped in the perfect place! It's a great make. Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge.
    Lynn x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun BD card with that cupcake in the spotlight. Thanks fro joining us at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your gorgeous stamping! 100% stamped cards are my favorite!

    Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card. Love the little stars. Thanks for joining the fun at the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity Challenge. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you highlighted the cupcake. Makes it really stand out. Thanks for playing along over at the STAMPlorations Challenge!
    Monica - DT STAMPlorations theme challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for playing with us at STAMPlorations Theme and Sketch challenge :) I like your inked edges, it's a very nice design touch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's perfect!! You used several fabulous OLC techniques...like masking off for borders and layering a stamp over a stenciled area. The little sprinkiing of pixie dust stars adds a touch of magic to everything.
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete